HOW TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE P 990 I
you must have the SE U.S. (Sony Erisccson Update Service) first
The download at:
A. usb cable driver install on your computer (or all PC suite also gpp)
2. install SE Update Software (SE U.S.)
3. run the SE U.S., and wait until the download is complete (until there is a language of your choice)
4. select Indonesia / english (U.S. / UK)
5. click start / Start
6. select the type of phone in pictures
6a. first choose the type of phone, select the far left, and then press go
6b.pilih phones that will be updated (P990), before pressing the "continue", Batrei off your phone and plug it back, then plug your phone into the usb cable by pressing the "C" (to disable charging) until the blue screen appears ( blue screen of death just a few moments later)
7. Now you are allowed to press the "continue"
8. will appear identification of "do not disconnect your phone from usb"
9. if it appears the statement that says your phone is not connected repeat from step (5) but do not disconnect your phone from the USB data cable
10. if the identification is completed there will be multiple choice and wait until the download is complete software
11. then will appear the words and pictures with a cell phone screen reads 0%, wait for it to finish, then remove and reinstall Batrei then turn
12. Congratulations you have successfully updated your P990i
(Make sure you fully Batrei at least 90 per cent)
for an update on the cafe's good after you save the update data in C :/ program files / sony ericsson / (select update service) to another media (flash disk) for use when trying to update the latest version (without going through the process of downloading the first step 3)
How To Upgrade Firmware P 990 Iexecute steps 1-2, prior to step 3 copy and replace files that have been in the save to C :/ program files / sony ericsson /, then proceed to Step 3.
NB: do not forget to backup contacts, calender, or sms inbox, etc. who you think is important.
Source ;How To Upgrade Firmware P 990 I