How To Update Galaxy W i8150 To Android jelly Bean 4.1.2 | SlimBean 3.1 Rom
Samsung Galaxy W users ar a little unlucky since samsung won't take any more steps to update this phone to latest Android 4.1 or 4.2 OS. but we've got come back up with a awfully easy-to-follow tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy W i8150 with Android 4.1 mistreatment SlimBean 3.1 store that is associate degree abstract of AOSP and that brings most of the options of Android 4.1. Credits for this tutorial ar given to those of developers at xda, World Health Organization have contributed for the event of this store. This store has some superb options. Except that the wi-fi tethering isn't operating during this store.
Before You Proceed
- This tutorial is meant just for Samsung Galaxy W with model variety i8150. If you are trying this tutorial on the other variant of Galaxy W or the other device, you will find yourself bricking your device.
- Since you would like to attach your device to the pc certify you've got put in the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy W instead you'll transfer Samsung Galaxy W USB drivers.
- You need to root Galaxy W and have a Recovery image put in on your phone. If you don’t, then check a way to Root Samsung Galaxy W I8150 Running On Android a pair of.3.6 Official code .
- Backup all of your personal info on your device.
- Use AppBak to backup all of your apps.
- Use SMS Backup and Restore to backup messages.
- You can backup your contacts mistreatment Gmail .
- Enable USB Debugging mode. attend Options > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Ensure your phone battery is charged upto 80-85%.
- First of all, you would like to transfer SlimBean 3.1 store and Google apps package for your HTC One S.
- Now connect your phone to your laptop via USB cable.
- Copy each the downloaded files to your phone’s South Dakota card and currently you'll disconnect your phone from laptop once you've got finished repetition the files.
- Now switch your phone and boot in Recovery mode. you'll boot your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding along ‘ volume up +Home+ power ‘ buttons so follow the navigation directions on the screen. choose Bootloader so attend Recovery.
Note- Use volume keys to navigate through menu associate degreed Power key to pick an choice whereas you're in recovery mode.
- Now choose ‘ Wipe data/Factory reset ‘ and ensure on subsequent screen by pressing power button.
- Now choose ‘ Wipe cache ‘ and ensure by pressing power button.
- Now choose ‘ Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik cache ‘ and ensure by pressing power button .
- Then choose ‘ Flash nothing From South Dakota Card ‘ so choose select nothing From South Dakota Card and browse to the CyanogenMod ten.1 store nothing file that you simply derived to your device’s South Dakota card in step 3. choose the file and ensure by pressing power button. The installation can begin.
- Once the installation is finished, install the google apps package by following step eight.
- When you end putting in google apps package, choose ‘ return ‘ and choose ‘ bring up system currently ‘.
- Now your device can boot with the total style and feel of jelly Bean 4.1.2 .
Disclaimer: We are not Responsible for any Damages that may be happened to your Device in the process that we mentioned in the following guide. If any issues happens, we will help you to resolve the problem. Also Keep in mind rooting will void your device’s warranty.